Pdt Yudhistir Mimansak
NAME: 'Maha Mahopadhyaya Pandit' Yudhistir Mimansak
BIRTH: 22nd September 1909 AD at Virakchyavaas, Ajmer, Rajasthan
EDUCATION: Primary Education in Village; then secondary education at 'Virjanand Ashram', Hardua Ganj. Aligarh; Education of Vedas under Pandit Brahmadatta Jijnasuji and other pandits.
TEACHING: Virjanand Ashram (at Lahore, Varanasi, Bahalgarh), Maharshi Dayaynand Smarak Mahavidyalaya (Tankara), Panini Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya (bhuveneshvar, Orrisa), Pradhan (Prime minister) of RamLal Kapoor Trust; etc
a. Awarded as 'Rashtra Pandit' by President of India, 1977
b. Awarded as 'Vishwa Bharati' by Sanskrit Academy, Uttar Pradesh, 1985
c. Awarded the title of 'Maha Mahopadhyaya' by SS University, Varanasi
DEATH: 28 June, 1994
WORKS OF PDT. YUDHISTIR MIMANSAK
1. Sanskrit Vyaakaran Shastra Ka Itihaas (History of Sanskrit Grammer)- 2 Vols: the work consists of the Historical account of the principle grammarians of Sanskrit and their works.
2. Vedic Swar Mimaansa: A comprehensive treatise on Vedic Meters. Awarded by UP State Government; Alongwith a brief on Panini Swar Prakriyaa
3. Vedic Chhando Mimaansa:
4. Vedic Siddhanta Mimansa - 2 vols: A collection of 17 important articles written on vedic topics, compiled in 2 volumes.
5. Shraut Yagya Mimaansa:
6. Maha Bhaasyam - 2 vols: Hindi Translation furnished with exegetical annotation.
7. Rikvedasya Rik Sankhyah
8. Kashakritsna Dhaatu Vyakhyanam: Verb root text of Kashakritsna School, commented in Cannarese (Kannada) by Channavira Kavi; rendered/ translated in Sanskrit by Pdt. Yudhistir Mimaansak
9. Mimaamsa Shabara Bhasya (3 Vols): The commentary of Shabara Swami on Jaimini's Mimaansa Sutras, translated in Hindi by the reverend Pandit.
1. Nirukta Samuchyah:
2. Bhagavriti Sankalanam: A collection of the quotations from the lost ancient gloss on the Ashtadhyayi.
3. Dash Paadyunnadu Vritti (2 Vols):
4. Siksha Sutrani: A collection of the phonetical Sutras taught by Apishali, Panini and Chandragomi.
5. Ksheer Tarangini:
6. Daivam (Puraskaar Vaarktikopetam)
7. Kaashkritsna Dhhatu Vyaakhyaanam
8. Maadhyandin Pada Paathah
9. Rishi Dayanand Ke Patra aur Vigyaapan - 4 Vols
10. Rig Vedadi Bhasya Bhumika:
11. Unadi Kosha: The unaadi Sutras commented by Swami Dayanand Saraswati and annoted by Pdt Yudhistir Mimansak, with eleven Appendices.
12. Kashakritsna Vyakaranam (sanskrit): An exposition and chronology of the extant 140 Sutras of the Kashakritsna Grammer anterior to the Paninian grammer